By accessing and using the Site, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in the policy.
We are bound by and support the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We reserve the right to amend this policy from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on the Site, without further notice to you. Your continued use of the Site following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the policy as amended.
We collect personal information in order to provide you with the range of services we or third parties offer on the Site. Some provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to utilise the full functionality of the Site or be provided with the services offered on the Site by us or third parties.
The personal information we collect may include:
- information used for identification purposes such as your name, date of birth and contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile phone number);
- business and company information such as your New Zealand Business Number, New Zealand Company Number or your licensed dealer number;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- information about how you use the Site such as the devices on which you access the Site and your activity on the Site;
- information required for placing an advertisement on the Site such as vehicle, location and pricing details;
- records of any communications you have had with us and the content of those communications.
We collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- from publicly available sources of information;
- directly from you (such as where you provide information to us when you use the Site, enter into any agreement for the use of the Site or a service offered on the Site, or contact us with a query or request) and in any manner whatsoever including in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise);
- from third parties such as any related entities, business partners, credit reporting bodies, wholesale or other customers, your representatives and operators;
- from our records that store personal information about how you use the Site;
- from organisations listed in the section ‘Disclosure of Information’.
If you provide us with any personal information about another person or organisation in relation to, or in connection with the Site or the services provided for on the Site we are entitled to assume you have sought their consent to the disclosure of such personal information to us and we will use their personal information in the manner described in this policy.
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will use the personal information we collect for the purpose disclosed at the time of collection, or otherwise as set out in this policy. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law.
We may collect and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the services offered on the Site to you, to provide you with information about the services or to assist you with enquiries about the services;
- to administer and manage the services offered on the Site (including newsletters, competition entries, lead enquiries, billing and customer services);
- to perform research and analysis and to improve or develop the services offered on the Site (including conducting surveys and generating statistics);
- to monitor network use, quality and performance and to operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems and infrastructure;
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications;
- to register you for events, promotions or competitions;
- to third parties for advertising or consulting purposes;
- If we enter into or propose to enter into any agreement or arrangement with any party for the purpose of, or in connection with, the acquisition of our business (including any part of our business that includes personal information), then we may provide that party (including its legal, financial and other professional advisers) with personal information in relation to our in connection with those arrangements;
- any other purpose to which you have consented.
We may disclose, or seek from and use, personal information about you from the following individuals and organisations:
- your authorised representatives such as lawyers or accountants;
- our employees and the employees of any of our related bodies corporate;
- the public if you advertise with us or use publicly available communication services;
- any of the following if you submit to us an enquiry or seek certain services through us:
- private advertisers;
- financial or insurance service providers;
- vehicle inspection service providers;
- If you do not want us to disclose personal information to these individuals and organisations do not submit an enquiry or seek services through us.
- to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law (including the New Zealand Taxation Office and the New Zealand Competition and Consumer Commission);
- any of the following out sourced service providers that are required or assist in providing the services on the Site;
- information technology and network providers;
- market research, marketing and other professional advisers;
- organisations involved in the facilitation or implementation of a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets our business;
- financial institutions in relation to processing payments;
- organisations in and associated with debt collecting;
- resellers of any services provided for on the Site.
Unless we have the right to withhold information (under certain exceptions provided for by law) you have the right to request access to your personal information held by us. You also have the right to have any inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading information corrected.
In the event you seek access to this information we will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may also charge a reasonable fee to cover the cost of verifying your application and locating, retrieving and copying any material requested.
Any query or request for this information needs to be in writing and addressed to:
Unsecured Finance New Zealand
Level 2, 696 Bourke Street Melbourne VIC 3000
You may use the Site and the services provided for by the Site, by utilising a pseudonym, however there are circumstances where this may not be possible such as where we are required by law to deal with a identified person or where it is impractical to respond without first identifying you.
Sensitive information is defined under the Privacy Act as information relating to a person’s racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religions, trade unions or other professional or trade association, sexual preferences, criminal record, financial records and health information.
It is a rare occurrence for us to require you provide us with sensitive information for the purpose of providing the services on the Site. However, in the event you are required to provide us with sensitive information we will only use and disclose this information for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise or use or disclosure of this information is allowed by law.
The Site may from time to time contain links to third party websites, co-branded websites and applications and advertising that are not related to or operated by us (‘Linked Websites and Services’) and for which we are not responsible. As the operators of these Linked Websites and Services may seek to collect personal information from you we recommend that you carefully examine any available privacy policies before disclosing any information.